Thursday, July 3, 2008

(soon to be not-) Fat American in...America

I can't be bothered to put my thoughts into complete, coherent paragraphs today, so here you go:

-Why is it that when you unsubscribe to an email list, they send you an email confirming it? The point is I don't want any more goddamn emails from your stupid site, so stop sending me shit confirming that I told you to stop sending me shit! Jesus!

-Mémoire writing is going slowly and very painfully. I am so done with this shit I cannot even begin to tell you. Basically, I am ready for it to be over and for my life to start again. Or just for it to start, period. I figure I'm about 20-25% done, and if I step it up tomorrow, I could be almost halfway done by the end of the week.

-I signed up for the same weight loss program my mom is doing, and I'm pretty terrified, for many many reasons. At some point there will be some sort of breakdown, and you'll probably hear all about it because I tend to overshare. And it will probably be hilarious because, oh holy God, the people at this clinic are CRAZY. (I got blood drawn today and I'm convinced the nurse doing it was a rookie, since she went through every step and explained every little thing to me, like I was a 10 year old child. "Now I'm going to invert these ten times and then I'll get your Band-Aid. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.)

-I've reached the point where I never want to move away from California ever ever again. It's been an unwavering 75 degrees and crystal clear since I got home, and it makes me almost sublimely happy not to have to keep all the windows open in the house while I shvitz myself to death after climbing a mountain of stairs. Sometimes you have to deal with douchebags and idiots, but it's a trade off, really.

-Public libraries are really....interesting places. Calm enough to do work in, but just sketchy enough to not want to let your kids run around by themselves.

No comments: