Friday, June 27, 2008

Fin de partie

Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to grace the internet with her presence. I'm finally back in California, and for the moment, I'm really happy to be home. I'm not looking forward to unpacking, considering there's a whole mess of stuff I left from when we moved in, but at least I have a big comfy bed and consistent internet and my friends and family close by. And Cocoa Pebbles. Now all I need to do is write that pesky mémoire and my career as a student will officially be over.

Oh yeah, Spain was amazing. A country that sleeps in late, eats its way through the day and makes it to the finals in Eurocup? Yes, please! I would post pictures, but I didn't take too many, and none of them are that amazing. Just some nice memories of a wonderful trip.

Leaving Paris was kind of sad, although I didn't cry like I thought I would. The last couple of days were hectic, trying to get everything packed and saying goodbye to everyone... Gérald gave me a book of Duras which I probably won't have time to read until August, but it was nice of him. When he comes out here I'll have to pretend like I've read the whole thing.

I'm not going to do a conclusion post, because I think they're sappy, trite and pretty unnecessary. I know how I feel about the last year, and if you've been reading, I think you probably do, too. As for the blog, I don't know what I'm going to do with it. This summer I'm planning on doing this weight loss program that my mom's had a lot of success with (100 lbs. worth of success - seriously, it's crazy, you should see her), and I can't decide whether to blog it or not. There have been (and are) so many weight loss blogs, some turned into books, I just feel like there's nothing left to be said about it. But considering the nature of this program and the fact that it'll be my first real effort in the last couple of years to actually lose weight, it might be interesting. Anyways, let me know what you think, and if there's an interest, I'll do it. It'll give me something to do besides reluctantly writing my mémoire, and it might be un-boring, especially to all you skinny types who've never had to deal with any of this shit. You'll learn, and I'll get some free therapy out of it. It's a win-win situation all around.

For now I'm going to try to get over my jetlag. I've been waking up at 6 every morning and going to bed at 10, and it's starting to feel like senior year of high school again. (By the way, I just went through my senior yearbook and realized just how unpopular and awkward I was.) But I may be teaching this year, so maybe I should just keep with it. We'll see. Au revoir for the moment. Keep checking back to see if my life in Orange County is as (un)interesting as my life in Paris (hint: it won't be).

No comments: