Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Almost Done

Why I love Southern California:


Life is pretty good. I'm almost done with my mémoire - probably only about 15 more pages to go, depending on how much patience I have left for Tom Stoppard. I've been spending all my time in Starbucks, and I'm convinced I've drunk all of Huntington Beach's iced tea.

I've decided not to blog about this whole weight loss thing. I don't want to be one of those people that only talks about whatever diet she's on, and it always seems to me that people that do, do it in part because they're fishing for compliments. It's something I'm doing myself, for no one but me, and as such, I don't think I really want to share it with everyone else. Also, if truth be told, I really can't stand talking about it. So there. Unless something extraordinarily funny or amusing happens, expect not to hear about it. Actually, expect not to hear a lot for a while, until I can figure out what I want to do with this thing. I'm going through a moral dilemma of whether to keep it or not, because it's pretty much only about me now, and I'm not that interesting, really. And thanks to Facebook and Myspace, anyone who wants to know what I'm up to can find out there. But I'm sure something will happen in the near future that annoys me or that I find interesting, seeing as how I live in the freak show that is Orange County.

Until next time....

1 comment:

a. jane doe said...

Welcome home!

Good luck with the weight loss, lady. You can do it!

Amelia